Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2018

Hummingbird Canvas

Hummingbird Canvas by Steph Ackerman

Do you have an item you wish you could recreate?  My mother had a hummingbird magnet that I loved.  So I decided to create a mold of the magnet and then use Makin's Clay® to create my own hummingbird.

Supplies:

Makin's Clay® - White 
Imagine Fireworks! Sprays
The Crafter's Workshop Stencils
Amazing Mold Putty
Canvas
Molding Paste

Instructions:

To create a mold of the magnet, I used Amazing Mold Putty.  Once it was conditioned, I pushed the magnet into the putty.  Letting it sit for an hour or so, I ended up with a fun, detailed mold that I can reuse as often as I want!

I used white Makin's Clay® in the mold.  Don't you love all the details it picked up from the mold?





Because I wanted to paint my hummingbird in assorted colors, I let the hummingbird piece dry for several hours.

Using assorted Fireworks! from Imagine, I started by painting the lighter colors on my mold.  Once the mold dried, I painted additional darker colors.   Once it was painted, I placed it aside to work on the canvas.

To prepare the canvas, I first painted it with black gesso.  I wanted the colors I used to really stand out.   Next, I used a word stencil with Imagine's Creative Medium in Gold to add "Imagine" to the bottom of the canvas.

Next, I placed a floral stencil above the word and used molding paste for dimension.  I also placed this aside to dry completely.

Once the molding paste was dry, I masked off the lower portion of the canvas.  Then I put the stencil back in place and added colors using Fireworks! sprays.

 


Once the canvas dried, I used Beacon Adhesive to add the hummingbird.  So it sits nestled amongst a bunch of flowers.

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *